Samsung Vibrant VS Iphone 4

Samsung Vibrant VS Iphone 4


GelaSkins Protective Skin for the iPhone 4 "The Great Wave" with Access to Matching Digital Wallpaper Downloads Review

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 08:19 AM PDT

GelaSkins Protective Skin for the iPhone 4 The Great Wave with Access to Matching Digital Wallpaper Downloads
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
There's something you should know about the glass on an iPhone 4. The front glass is extremely durable, scratch resistant Gorilla Glass (or something chemically similar), the back panel glass is not. I'm sure it's possible to scratch the front [Update: Sadly I've found that you can.]. It is extremely easy to scratch the back. I don't know when or how, but there are 3 long scratches on my beautiful phone. So, I decided to close the barn door now that the horse is out and put some protection on the back.
I'm a fan of GelaSkins. I've had many over the years for my iDevices. Usually, I buy directly from their website, but the shipping costs are high. There's a much more limited selection here on Amazon, but at least I don't pay for shipping as an Amazon Prime member. This particular piece is a portion of The Great Wave by the Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai. As it happens, I had a poster of this over my bed for many years between college and graduate school. It isn't the full image; you don't see the Japanese fishermen cowering on their fragile crafts beneath, or the distant Mount Fuji. It looks marvelous on my iPhone, and fits it quite well both thematically and physically, giving a contrasting organic element in counterpoint to the mechanical perfection of the iPhone.
I did not put on the front or side pieces. As I said, the front glass is quite sturdy, and because I watch video on my iPhone, I prefer a black frame which does not distract the eye. As for the side pieces, I'm somewhat ambivalent about them. Some people will say they help with the supposed antenna problems the iPhone 4 is notorious for; but I'm not convinced that it will help. If you are having a lot of problems, a much thicker case or bumper would probably be the solution. I just like the stainless steel of the phone and I don't want to cover it. However everything is provided, with the appropriate holes. However, if you are expecting every square millimeter of your device to be protected, you will be disappointed. In such a need, you will want a hard case of some sort. You could even combine this Gelaskin with the Apple bumper case. Not that I like the Apple bumper.
Also you could download a piece of wall paper to complete the overall transformation. I usually don't do that, although I have a Gelaskin for my iPad which has a wonderful wood grain where the background really gives the illusion of a wooden device.
Installation took me about 2 minutes to line up, starting around the camera/flash area and getting that properly aligned before flattening it out onto the surface. Given the flatness of an iPhone 4's back, it's much easier than applying to any other iDevice.

Click Here to see more reviews about: GelaSkins Protective Skin for the iPhone 4 "The Great Wave" with Access to Matching Digital Wallpaper Downloads



Buy Now

Click here for more information about GelaSkins Protective Skin for the iPhone 4 "The Great Wave" with Access to Matching Digital Wallpaper Downloads

Contour Design Fairmont Stripe iPhone 4 Review

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 07:35 AM PDT

Contour Design Fairmont Stripe iPhone 4
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I loved this cover when I got it - it's super cute. However, the cover scratched really easily AND the corner cracked off. Now I can't even use t because the cracked off corner made a sharp piece. I can't believe what a disappointment this case is - I am used to exceptional quality from Kate Spade, but this is not worth the money or the brand name.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Contour Design Fairmont Stripe iPhone 4



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Contour Design Fairmont Stripe iPhone 4

RF3 ENVi Natural Wood Stereo Earbud Cell Phone Headset with 3.5 mm Jack Review

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 06:19 AM PDT

RF3 ENVi Natural Wood Stereo Earbud Cell Phone Headset with 3.5 mm Jack
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
There are several reasons I like these headphones:
1) Sound is good. With the noise isolating tips you get much better sound than the typical iPhone style headphones (I also have a pair of iphone and HTC earbuds which I am comparing these too). The bass is way better than my other earbuds (I used to have a pair of SkullCandy ones that broke so I can't say exactly that these are better but it seems that way).
2) Not frying my brain: I spend about 5 hours a day on my cell phone so I'd prefer not to take my chances with the radiation issue.
3) Sound from rubbing the wires doesn't go up to the earbuds. I have had several pairs of earbuds where the sound of the wire rubbing against your clothes would sound like you were creating a 1980's rap song in your head. I am guessing the lack of a wire for the sound to travel up helps prevent that issue.
4) Good overall design: Has a slider by the headphones to help prevent the two wires from getting tangled. Doesn't go all the way up but far enough reduce the tangled 'fishing line' jumble that occurs sometimes.
Cons:
None that I can think of. A friend of mine also go these but he had issue of them falling out but he has that issue with all noise isolating style earbuds.

Click Here to see more reviews about: RF3 ENVi Natural Wood Stereo Earbud Cell Phone Headset with 3.5 mm Jack



Buy NowGet 69% OFF

Click here for more information about RF3 ENVi Natural Wood Stereo Earbud Cell Phone Headset with 3.5 mm Jack

Speck Products Tough Shell Case Cover for iPhone 3G, 3G S (Purple / Light Purple) Review

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 05:26 AM PDT

Speck Products Tough Shell Case Cover for iPhone 3G, 3G S (Purple / Light Purple)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I bought this case about a month ago and I LOVE it. The color is great and I've gotten so many compliments on it. However...
1) the front light purple edge tends to fray after a bit and some parts peel off. Not a big deal for me but it may be for you.
2) the small, skinny bottom piece of the case (where there's an opening to get to the charging/syncing port) snapped in two. It's still intact to the larger body of the case but nonetheless broken.
3) the case itself is difficult to take off, not a problem unless you like to change up your cases often.
4) the case seems to add a lot of bulk to the iPhone but then again, it is a bulkier to phone to begin with
In the end, I would buy the case again despite its flaws. It's done a good job protecting my phone which was it's initial purpose. I would pair it with a screen protector though.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Speck Products Tough Shell Case Cover for iPhone 3G, 3G S (Purple / Light Purple)



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Speck Products Tough Shell Case Cover for iPhone 3G, 3G S (Purple / Light Purple)

Peacock Woven Diamante Crystal Protector Cover for Apple iPhone 3G / 3GS AT&T Review

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 03:16 AM PDT

Peacock Woven Diamante Crystal Protector Cover for Apple iPhone 3G / 3GS ATandT
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
This case was much more then I expected. Great looking and super Fabulous.
Stones are plastic, but stay on well so far.
It's a solid item which looks fantastic.
Getting it off is a bit of a challange, even with the plastic crowbar which was included in the package; with that said, I would still recommend it.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Peacock Woven Diamante Crystal Protector Cover for Apple iPhone 3G / 3GS AT&T



Buy Now

Click here for more information about Peacock Woven Diamante Crystal Protector Cover for Apple iPhone 3G / 3GS AT&T

SMH10D-01 - SMH10 Bluetooth Headset/Intercom for Motorcycle Dual Pack (US/JPN) Review

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 02:21 AM PDT

SMH10D-01 - SMH10 Bluetooth Headset/Intercom for Motorcycle Dual Pack (US/JPN)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Hi Folks,
I just wanted to share what I learned as soon as I got my intercom system SMH10. These are questions that I WOULD LOVE someone has answered to me before deciding what to buy!
1. YES! The intercom usually comes ALONE (just ONE intercom for ONE user). So buy the DUAL PACKAGE (as I did on my order) better than buying both separately. You will save some bucks.
2. YES! These intercoms are GREAT for communications between driver and passenger (pillion) on the bike.
3. YES! Starting the conversation is done by pressing a BIG button (very comfortable), OR (I love this one) by activating the voice recognition as well (so you don't have to push buttons to talk).
Those above were my main concerns!!! And thanks to a guy who wrote a fantastic Intercom comparison review on his blog, and actually who gently answered all my questions and gave me "the" advice, I could go ahead and make my decision to buy this couple of GREAT intercoms SMH10. Well you know..., these things ARE expensive, indeed!, so I just didn't want to buy something that resulted inappropriate for my specific use which is TO TALK WITH MY PASSENGER WHILE OUR RIDES!!!
And YES! These intercoms come also with other functions (I just don't care about that!). All via Bluetooth:
> You can receive/make cellphone calls (of course you will need a cellphone with the availability to do so. The activation (pairing) is a VERY easy process btw.
> You can listen to your mp3 music from your iPod and, I suppose, from any other mp3 player with Bluetooth capabilities. (I wonder who would be crazy enough to do this!, not only for security reasons but also because the main beautiful thing to hear while you ride your bike is the sound of the engine!!! Well..., ahem, and listen to your passenger too...).
> You can configure your GPS to listen voice directions.
> You can talk between other motorcycle riders who have the same gadget (up to 4 communications can be established).
> ...And other functions this thing comes with. I wasn't explore that far yet...
Another important thing to say is about the quality of the communication: IT IS PERFECT!!! (Btw it's in STEREO, this thing comes with 2 headphones which are attached not to your ears but to the helmet). We have tested it while riding my Suzuki GS 500 along with strong winds at high speeds and it does not affect at all our back and forth clear communication. Please note that we use close (full face) helmets; I suppose that open helmets (also called half helmets) certainly involve some kind of trouble for good communications because the wind is going directly to the mic. Despite the mic is pointing to the mouth, this should be taken in account anyway!
I cannot testify yet about the battery duration because I've done just short rides so far (4-6 hr rides with no battery problems). So I really don't know how much they last.
Summarizing, the SMH10 is a perfect product for conversations while riding bikes. The quality of this product is outstanding. And also it is a beautiful gadget which will look GREAT on your helmet!!!
This is one of the BEST products I've bought lately. I love it!

Click Here to see more reviews about: SMH10D-01 - SMH10 Bluetooth Headset/Intercom for Motorcycle Dual Pack (US/JPN)



Buy Now

Click here for more information about SMH10D-01 - SMH10 Bluetooth Headset/Intercom for Motorcycle Dual Pack (US/JPN)

OtterBox Impact Skin Case for iPhone 3G, 3G S Review

Posted: 08 Aug 2012 01:18 AM PDT

OtterBox Impact Skin Case for iPhone 3G, 3G S
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I wanted a soft case, something to absorb impact in case of dropping. The hard plastic cases don't seem like they would do much and I've known people that have gotten pocket lint / dirt into the hard cases and next thing you know when they take it out its all scratched to hell.
I didn't want too soft of a case. I can't stand silicone cases. The stickiness, the squishiness, neither of which is good for a guy who carries his phone in his pocket. I tried one of the DLO cases and within a day or so the black case was furry and white. Plus it took a ridiculous amount of effort to get it out of my pocket, I don't know how many times it turned my pocket inside out.
I'm giving the Otterbox Impact a try. Had it for 5 days now and so far am loving it. It's not sticky like the other silicone ones but it still does attract some lint and dust but you can actually wipe it off with your finger.
I'm not a fan of the huge Otterbox logo on the back and I'm not a fan of the Apple logo "window" but couldn't be happier otherwise. The volume rocker buttons and power button are raised and wonderful to use when I'm trying to adjust volume through my pocket.
Plus I've already given it the drop test, don't remember how but I dropped it from about 4 feet the other day, instead of making the sound of a drop it sounded more like a rubber ball hitting the ground, a solid thud, bounced and landed. Everything is still working beautifully and you'd never know I dropped it.

Click Here to see more reviews about: OtterBox Impact Skin Case for iPhone 3G, 3G S



Buy Now

Click here for more information about OtterBox Impact Skin Case for iPhone 3G, 3G S