Bramblewood Fashion

Bramblewood Fashion


What I Wore - Ava Gardner inspired Outfit {Mogambo}

Posted: 10 Aug 2012 11:15 AM PDT

What I Wore - Ava Gardner inspired Outfit {Mogambo}
What I Wore - Ava Gardner inspired Outfit {Mogambo}
What I Wore - Ava Gardner inspired Outfit {Mogambo}
What I Wore - Ava Gardner inspired Outfit {Mogambo}
What I Wore - Ava Gardner inspired Outfit {Mogambo}
What I'm Wearing: Blouse Borrowed from Hanne-col {H&M} // Jean Pencil Skirt made by me // Belt Forever 21 // Neck Scarf ?? // Leopard Wedges Payless Shoes // Faux Pearl Earrings Claire's 

I don't know what it is, but with shorter hair I love dressing more highly vintage inspired {instead, of just touches of vintage when I have longer hair}. For example: yesterday I wore this 1950s dress and I styled it very 1950s. Then last night, while I was looking at me & Hanne-col's closet {we share a bedroom & closet}, I stumbled across this H&M blouse of Hanne-col's. I immediately thought of Ava Gardner in Mogambo {1953} and her African safari outfits. With Hanne-col's help we styled this Ava inspired outfit {and I let Hanne-col borrow one of my skirts in exchange}.

I've never used Ava Gardner as a style inspiration before. But since my best friend, Kay {Achaia}, is always saying she is her style inspiration I decided to give her a try for myself. You know what? I'm finding her style rather cute {methinks, she might be the next person for my Who Inspires Me (Fashion Wise) post}.